Insights from Meat Trades Journal Editor, Rod Addy ahead of Foodex
We caught up with Rod Addy, Editor at Meat Trades Journal and Global Meat News to find out about the three sessions he’s running at Foodex and get some insights ahead of these debates. Here are some of the thought-provoking statistics he shared with us:
• In 2015, there were 70 entries for the World Steak Challenge Awards from 10 countries. A total of 11 gold medals and 17 silver medals were won.
• Global greenhouse gas emissions from livestock equate to 7.1 billion tonnes of CO2 (source: FAO).
• The UK exports £2.15bn of livestock products a year (source: AHDB).
More insights to come at Foodex
You can hear more from Rod Addy at several sessions across Foodex:
• Putting the Sizzle into Steak (Monday 18th, 1pm, Centre Stage)
• Global Warming and Diet (Tuesday 19th, 1pm, Centre Stage)
• Global Trading: Pitfalls and Potential (Tuesday 19th, 1.50pm, Centre Stage)